What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DYNON D100 FIX?

GFLOW

I'm New Here
Patron
I recently purchased an RV-6 project and it came with a brand new Dynon D100 installed and never been used. When I powered it up nothing happens unfortunately. I called Dynon and they want over $800 just to look at it. Is there anywhere else I could send this to have it looked at for a more reasonable price? or even better, anybody know of anywhere in Canada that would look at it?? Anybody have any suggestions since I have seen them on this site for sale for $500 working

I recently purchased an RV-6 project and it came with a brand new Dynon D100 installed and never been used. When I powered it up nothing happens unfortunately. I called Dynon and they want over $800 just to look at it. Is there anywhere else I could send this to have it looked at for a more reasonable price? or even better, anybody know of anywhere in Canada that would look at it?? Anybody have any suggestions since I have seen them on this site for sale for $500 working
Have you tried taking it out and bench testing it with a test harness to eliminate potential wiring problems? It would need only power and ground to the appropriate pins. There is an internal battery that is likely fully discharged but I think it should still power up.

Dynon wants you to buy a new HDX EFIS and the D100 is obsolete by a couple of generations. They can still be repaired and I'm guessing they will run out of spare parts at some stage. I'm not sure I would install a D100 in a new project!

Was it pre-wired into your project, I'd suggest you review all those connections.
If you are coming to Calgary anytime soon, we could plug it into a known working plane & see if it lights up.
Or as Paul suggests, maybe look at upgrading to the current product.
PM me if you want to arrange a meet.

Back