What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Com and Intercom

Limey

I see that Dynon have introduced a com radio and 2-place intercom designed to work with the SkyView system - well, at least the Com radio does.

It looks interesting in that it will pre-select frequencies based on an airport identifier. I like that concept, and it seems that it will work well with the navigation features in the SkyView. I wonder if Vans will replace the Garmin radio and Flightcom intercom with these Dynon units?

It looks interesting in that it will pre-select frequencies based on an airport identifier. I like that concept, and it seems that it will work well with the navigation features in the SkyView.
As I understand it, the Skyview will also be able to send frequencies to the SL-40 and display the currently selected freqs from the SL-40 on the Skyview screen. It will need a few new wires, of course, but it is technically feasible.

Dynon Technical Support:

If you want to display frequencies from the SL40 on the SkyView display, you need to connect an SL40 TX to a SV RX
If you want SkyView to push frequencies to the SL40, you need to connect a SV TX to a SL40 RX
If you want to do both, connect both TX and RX.
The usual SkyView serial device caution applies - any serial devices must be connected to ALL SkyView displays.

Last edited:
Back