What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Autopilot

paul330

Well Known Member
There still appears to be no beta tester for the RV10 pitch installation kit for the Dynon autopilot. According to Dynon, their servo SHOULD fit the VANS installation hardware for the TruTrak (if I can get VANS to sell me the hardware without the AP). Alternatively, I could make something up using the generic fitting kit from Dynon.

Can anyone who has used the VANS TruTrak RV10 system let me have a copy of the installation drawings - TruTrak website only has a couple of photos.

Thanks.

RV-10 Dynon Elevator Autopilot Servo Mount

Our 10 airframe is basically completed and I've been waiting for the Dynon mount for a long time. I've volunteered multiple times to help them. I've sent them all sorts of info and talked to their staff multiple times via phone and in person about this. They sound interested in help with the elevator mount, but never follow up.

I'm now building my own.

OK, I'm glad Vern has solved his problem and I know I'm only a Brit - :eek: - but I DID used to be in the Royal Air Force flying F4s in the defence of the West :D Can Vic or someone else help me with the drawings and instructions for the pitch servo installation?

I talked to Vans last week about a servo mount. They said they used to make and ship a mount based upon trutrak but that trutrak changed their design and Van's stopped shipping the mount.
I called Dynon and was told they only had a wing mount.

Interesting. They still advertise the TruTrak from their accessories calalogue as coming with all fitting hardware........

Interesting. They still advertise the TruTrak from their accessories calalogue as coming with all fitting hardware........

That's correct, but Van's doesn't supply the mount. The Trutrak unique mounting hardware comes from Trutrak.

I would also agree that Trutrak's installation instructions leave quite a bit of room for improvement. Tim Olson's site m has some good write ups that describes how both he and Bob Condrey installed their servos. Roll Servos here, pitch servo here and here.

You may also want to post something on Trutrak's forum, but I doubt you'll get much support in mounting a Dynon servo there. :D

While we don't have a pitch mounting kit for the RV-10 at the moment, we think we just found a testing candidate who can install and fly the prototype right away.

In case that falls through, if any of you have the ability to both install a mounting kit and fly it pretty much right away (a complete airframe that isn't yet flying isn't ideally what we're looking for, because we can't test flying qualities), shoot an email to betatest at dynonavionics dot com indicating your interest. Sorry for the delay.

Back