What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon autopilot level button

Tom Delaney

Well Known Member
Considering installing this button and was wondering the best way to feed 12 volts and ground to the single button. Any suggestions? Thanks!

No +12v involved. This is a simple momentary on push button switch that connects pin 28 of the SkyView 37 pin connector (the orange with black stripe wire) to ground. Pin callout is on page 23-8 of the install manual.

This function works exceptionally well.

Carl

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your reply.

Below are the instructions that came with the level button. The skyview installation manual did not mention power and ground however we see it mentioned here. Is it that the button will light with power? If so I would apply power once I understand a good way to achieve that.

image1_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Thanks again,

Tom ?

I don?t have the schematics in front of me at the moment. That said, I would not think there would be any issues with powering the light in your AP level button if you were to use the power source for the red LED light in the auto pilot disconnect button to the right of the throttle.

The Molex connector for the AP disconnect is under the instrument panel base and fairly easy to get access to as well.

I put one on my panel and have never used it. It does the same thing as the disconnect button on the controls stick. The only reason you would ever need it is if you became incapacitated and your passenger could push it to control the plane. I have a button on the co-pilot stick too and there is always the button on the screen.

Both the red and white wires from the light on the autopilot level button can be connected to the autopilot disconnect LED.
Red to Yel/Prp
White to Yel/Grn

Back