What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon AOA Pitot : what to drop from wing kit? What's needed?

llavalle

Well Known Member
I'm preparing to buy my -9A wing kit and have the following item on my order list as well

-2x fuel sender
-Pro-Seal gun
-2x landing light kit

1)Am i missing something? (except the sealant... because of limited shelf life, I'll order when I'm ready)

2)Do I need something else to install a Dynon AOA Pitot? Do I need to remove anything from the wing kit? (existing pitot?)

Thanks.

Philippe,

The only thing that comes with the wing kit for the pitot is some tubing. Trust me, you will find a use for the extra.

I used the Gretz chrome pitot tube mast because I liked the way it installs and that you can adjust the angle of your pitot after installation.

I'm not sure you need the pro-seal gun. I used a bunch of popsicle sticks and zip-loc bags with the corner cut out to spread it like cake icing.

I also ordered the pitot and static line kit from SafeAir1. You will also need some extra snap bushing to put in the wing ribs for the AoA line. Check out the wing page of my web site for details.

You will also want to order conduit from Van's. You can order the wire later, as long as you have the conduit in place.

Back