What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon 180

glenn72pc

Does anybody have a fix on the Dynon 180 manifold gauge fluctuating. Dynon says to restrict the vacuum line - doesn't seem to work. Any other suggestions?

how did you restrict it??

you will be surprised at how small a hole is needed.

Mike

call mike at dynon and ask him about how jeff dennis fixed his. he had me to install a 10k resistor, or something to that nature. my rpm gauge was bouncing around and this fixed it. it may help with your problem as well. hope this helps. if not, i'll ask my builder for the exact details on monday when i get back in town.

Dynon Support

Have you checked the FAQ on the website...
also post to the dynon chat.......it really works.
Some of the dynon support guys answer during off hours, etc.
plus other users can post answers to your question as well.
I posted a question before going to bed and the answer was there the next morning when I woke up.!

I'm not sure what Dynon uses for the vacuum line, but I had a situation on my car where I installed a vacuum/turbo boost gauge and it would fluctuate. I was using that 1/8" plastic tubing for the line, and I cut a piece of that red tubing like you find on a can of WD-40 or carb cleaner and slipped it inside the other tubing. It took some experimenting to find the correct length of red restrictor tubing, but about one and one half inches should do it.

Glenn,
I read from the Dynon forum, to use an unused cigarette filter to dampen the manifold pressure fluctuation. I was skeptical but it worked well for my D-180. It's a simple fix.....try it ...you'll like it.

Glenn

Back