What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynafocal Mount Orientation?

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
While I am a ways past my engine mount, an article I was reading in Kit Magazine about hanging an engine gave me pause. It indicated the dynafocal pads are of different densities and there was a correct orientation for the mounting discs. The different densities are reflected with a gold or silver color. Threads about other engines show a correct orientation for example (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=68607), but the FF-1 plan for the RV10 shows no different between the mounting discs. Is it a cause of not being applicable to our installation or was there a correct orientation that I missed?

Mark,

My presumption is that the orientation of all the Lord mounts is the same, with the gold (hard) one on the side where there is compression (back side on the top, front side on the bottom) as indicated in other threads. I would assume this applies to the RV10 as well as any other installation. But I don't consider myself an expert.

Greg

Now I'm going to have to remove one and check. I don't recall seeing a color difference in the ones I received from Van's. :mad:

Typically the "hard" one has a "ring" around it making it appear as if it were 2 pieces put together. The "softer" one appears to be one piece.

J-3804-20 Mount

The RV10 uses the Lord J-3804-20 mounts; they do not have a "soft" or a " hard" side for the durometer. I called a Lord Tech and they said it does not matter which durometer goes inside or out. If they bolted together ok, you are good to go. Blue Skys Barry

Back