What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dumb Dumb Dumb....anyone else?

swift12

Well Known Member
So I very carefully measured it all up and proceeded to relieve the top not the bottom thinking I was doing a fine job....emailed vans...I cant see how I have toasted my rear spars as the main strength is the doublers yes?...Im really annoyed with myself.:mad:

Attachments

• 69250048764__53E226D4-47CD-4BAE-A9F6-05F7836FA79A.jpg
    69250048764__53E226D4-47CD-4BAE-A9F6-05F7836FA79A.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 286
Things happen. In my opinion which is the lowest form of fact, you dodged a bullet and just lightened your airplane by a few grams.

And I’m sure Vans has seen this before so you will get a really good answer.

Let us know.

Relief notch

So I very carefully measured it all up and proceeded to relieve the top not the bottom thinking I was doing a fine job....emailed vans...I cant see how I have toasted my rear spars as the main strength is the doublers yes?...Im really annoyed with myself.:mad:

I know a builder that did that. He called Vans and after laughing for what seemed like all day, they said "Build On".
Call anyway just to be sure. They may not laugh at you like they did to me. Ooops. Did I say "Me"? :D

Things happen. In my opinion which is the lowest form of fact, you dodged a bullet and just lightened your airplane by a few grams.

And I’m sure Vans has seen this before so you will get a really good answer.

Let us know.
Will do cheers

I know a builder that did that. He called Vans and after laughing for what seemed like all day, they said "Build On".
Call anyway just to be sure. They may not laugh at you like they did to me. Ooops. Did I say "Me"? :D

Oh you did it too? Ok laugh at me because if that’s all that’s going to happen I’ll be happy and build on! I’ll be more careful in orientation from now on. Hey do I need to really go that deep as some don’t have to go that heavy to get up to 20 degrees down elevator? I looked at the forums and only went half way towards the doubler on the bottom cheers Glenn

Relief

Oh you did it too? Ok laugh at me because if that’s all that’s going to happen I’ll be happy and build on! I’ll be more careful in orientation from now on. Hey do I need to really go that deep as some don’t have to go that heavy to get up to 20 degrees down elevator? I looked at the forums and only went half way towards the doubler on the bottom cheers Glenn

Easy to do when final rigging.

Back