What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Duluth MN

plehrke

Well Known Member
Patron
My dad had emergency surgery last night so may be flying up to Duluth within the next week. Any recommendations on airports to fly in to? Can I get my RV inside somewhere?

Give Monaco Aviation a call. They are at the main airport (DLH) and have always provided good servcice the times I have been there. It gets seriously cold in DLH and I'm sure they can provide hangar space. It is well worth it!

http://www.monacoairduluth.com/

KDLH will probably work

Three options in the area:

KDLH: Could be the best option for zero hassles at this time of year. About 7 miles away from downtown and the hospitals. "Corporate" style option.

KSUW: In Superior, WI. About 10 miles away, I learned to fly there. FBO owner is fantastic. Better fuel prices and a really nice "GA" airport. Call ahead to see what staffing will look like around the holidays.

KDYT: Sky Harbor. Very neat seaplane/land plane base, 5 miles from downtown. Likely to be somewhat of a ghost town during holidays, but then again give them a call.

WX at all three can be significantly different due to the lake and elevation differences.

When in Duluth, if staying in Canal Park or downtown you'll be within walking distances (mile or so) of the hospitals.

Won't be home from Minneapolis until Thursday or Friday but if that coincides with your trip I could probably meet you at any of the three. Hope your Dad is doing OK.

Back