What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Duckworths HID Installation Picture Request

BigglesRV7A

Well Known Member
Fellow Builders,

Just wondering if anyone out there has come up with a neat and functional way of installing the Duckworths HID (Upgrade kit) for installing in the wing leading edge and they could take a few pictures to share.

Cheers, Greg:)

Any information would be helpful. I have the duckworth upgrade kits for the leading edge lights which change out the halogen globe for the HID. The ballast is separate and mounts nearby.

Surely someone out there has already installed these and could share how they did it neatly and effectively.

Duckworks HID Ballast Mounting

This photo is how I mounted the ballast for the Duckworks HID lights. I'm not sure if you have the same ballast, as this is an early one he was selling. I put some washers between the ballast and the back of the light mounting panel. That provided room to run ty-raps around the ballast to tie up the extra wiring plugs as shown. I hope this helps.

By the way, Don came by the shop and personally blessed the installation of his light kit. I've since wired the lights to control them in a wig-wag fashion. They work fine like that as long as you let them warm up for 30 seconds or so.

Mark

I couldn't get photo insert to work so here's a link.

http://gallery.me.com/mdcattell/100049/HID%20Ballast

Last edited:
Any information would be helpful. I have the duckworth upgrade kits for the leading edge lights which change out the halogen globe for the HID. The ballast is separate and mounts nearby.

Surely someone out there has already installed these and could share how they did it neatly and effectively.

G'day Greg -

Further to our recent chat, I installed my H3 HID conversion kits last week and mounted the ballast on the back of the lense holder.

Neat and functional because lights/ballast all come out together for service access.

I'm of to Byron tomorrow for some R&R but will send you some photos on my return next week.

Cheers,

JON

Appreciated!

Thanks Mark and Jon,

I wasn't sure about piggybacking the ballast to the unit though looks a much neater way of doing it all. Many thanks for your reply.

Cheers, Greg:):):)

Back