What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dual PMag

ExtraKatana

Well Known Member
I have experienced twice now on a very hot day the engine wanting to die after pulling to the fuel pump at low RPM. HOT day. 96F and after a long high RPM approach. Not saying this is PMag issue(I have dual PMags) but thought it interesting enough to ask those with PMags if they have experienced anything like the same. There are 1/2 blast cooling tubes to each and voltage was 14.2V. After a cool down at the pump, O-360 started fine and no issues from that point on. Again, could be a hot fuel issue but thought I would ask if anyone has experienced the same.

Fuel Injected? Poor Idle when hot? Welcome to the club! I have to keep my RPM's at or above 1000 to prevent the vapor lock on the fuel spider lines from boiling in the heat.

I'd bet on fuel too - maybe not vapor lock, but fuel boiling in the feed line or the carb (Pneumatic Lock). I added a recirc line, and it really helps after landing. I'll soon have fuel temp data now that the data logger is finished.

Last edited:
Back