What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Drill hole in skin in front of spar box for wires???

cleve_thompson

Well Known Member
I am having trouble running all my wires from the wing forward through the two grommets in the spar box and was wondering if any one has drilled a hole directly in the side of the fuse in front of the spar box and behind the hole for the fuel line? It could fit there and be hidden by the gap fairing. It would have to go through a stiffener near the gear weldment for the 9A.
This would get my wires up to the instrument panel without going through the spar box and solve some of my routing problems.

Thanks,

Cleve:

What wires are you talking about, fuel indicator wires or all the wing wires? On a 7/7A, you still need to get the wing wires through the spar in the wing to penetrate where you mentioned. Iether way, they must pass through the the wing spar or the fuselage spar box. The fuel indicator wires should be an easy run per your desire as they are in front of the spar. Not sure if the 9 is set up the same as the 7.

I'm running my antenna coax's through the outboard snap bushings through the spar, through the MLG mounts and up the vertical stringer in front of the mount to the panel. They run up the side opposite of the fuel vent lines I didn't care to have them ganged with other wires under the center floor.

Jekyll

Jekyl,

Duh! You are right! I forgot about crossing the spar after exiting the wing with the wire. I fogot to look before I wrote! This was a suggestion by someone walking by the hangar and I jumped on it without thinking.

Thanks

Back