What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Drawings for Wing and Fuse stands

Bill.Peyton

Well Known Member
I am expecting my RV-10 QB Fuse and QB wings to arrive in the next 3 weeks and want to get the slings and stands built ASAP. Does anyone have drawings or suggestions for what worked and what didn't?
Thanks
Bill

Thats just what I needed. I do not see a dimension for the width for the wing sling, do you know what that is?

Wing sling dimension

Bill, I also built the wing stand that Rob mentioned and I'm very happy with it. As far as the dimensions for the wing sling, I laid the main spar/wing root on the 2x4 and as a friend held the wing tip and leveled the wing with the floor, I tightened the carpet sling and screwed it in place. The length of carpet that I used was approx 8'. David

Thanks guys!

I noticed that Geoff Combs used a fuse stand that picked up the spar carry through and the step tube on either side. It really looked clean and sturdy

ShowPlanes has the slickest unit I have ever seen. Two heights, casters, stabilizing jacks, and really stable.

This is a photo borrowed from their web site, lots more pictures there------look on the left of the screen for "current projects".

DSC04813_2.jpg

I do not know if he is producing these for sale, or just something he made for this project, but the design is sweet:D

Last edited:
My wing stand is pretty basic and very similiar to what others have posted.

Pre-carpet sling, the spar is c-clamped to the 2x4 on the right:

FP06042008A0001O.jpg

Sling added:

FP11012009A0002A.jpg

Here's a shot of my fuselage stand. The main part of the stand which is hard to see here is just a 4x4 platform w/ cutouts for the gear mounts and brake line fittings.​

FP02072009A00014.jpg

There are many other photos on my build site.​

bob​

Last edited:
thanks to all who responded. I think I going with attaching the fuse stand to the main spar and the step tube.
Bill

Rotating Fuse Stand

I looked through the posts on this topic, and they seem a little old, so I decided to post to see if anyone has built a rotating fuse stand for the 10? If so, can I steal some thoughts/pics/dimensions? I pick up my fuselage box this week.

I have never seen a rotating version. I ended up building a stand that catches the main spar and the landing gear "pipe" that is provided as part of the QB fuse kit. Later when I attached the tail cone I added a support to go under the cone that is padded with foam.

Back