What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DPDT on-off-mom switch source?

Junglepilot

Well Known Member
Its hard to believe but I am having a hard time finding a DPDT on-off-momentary switch for my flaps. I have an "on-off-on" and "mom-off-mom". Not what I need.

Built single circuit board with [10a-800v] diode for up limit and zeners for the spike protection feature on a perf board.

I want to command full up/on a flick for go-arounds, etc., and momentary feature for bumping down.

If someone has a good aviation grade source (AN or MS) it would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure I have 2 of these that I never used that came with the Vans flap system or the safety trim system I would be willing to part with. (I used the infinity grip instead). Shoot me a PM or email if interested...

Hi Guys,

Can you recommend On-Off-Mom switch function that is a pushbutton type?

I've been looking all over and I cant find this type of switch I can found rocker or toggle switch only.

I'm just wondering if this is existing on a pushbutton type.

BR,

Jay

Hi Guys,

Can you recommend On-Off-Mom switch function that is a pushbutton type?

I've been looking all over and I cant find this type of switch I can found rocker or toggle switch only.

I'm just wondering if this is existing on a pushbutton type.

BR,

Jay

If it exists it would be very rare.

It would be a three push action, and how would the (MOM) push cycle work? It would just take you to the next state...

So you mean this is rare switch and I its not recommended.
Can you recommend one.

Basically, I need a switch for Turn On and Off the device.

The third function is for updating the firmware so that user won't open the casing just to do that.

If you can recommend other better way without any complex circuit would be great.

Basically I want a switch like used in the desktop.
When pressed short duration it will turn "On", when pressed for more than 3 sec it will turn off. Something like that.

Switch with 3 function, but the third function is hidden so that the user wont accidentally misused it.

Jay, the action you're looking for isn't a part of the switch on a desktop computer... The switch on most modern desktops is just a momentary push button, and there is a circuit on the PCB that it connects to that takes care of the logic.

Back