What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

door struts

glenn72pc

is any one having trouble with the doors staying open on a cold day only due to weak struts on the door ? and if so what did you do to fix the problem

I'm not at that stage of building yet, but there was a discussion on the Matronics list about this last week.

Ron Grover found a stronger strut to replace the orders. Wayne Edgerton posted the part number and vendors.

I believe that both can be reach through VAF or Matronics.

Do your doors have a bunch of interior upholstery stuff on them. If so, this is probably at least part of the problem. The newton rating of the gas struts was not spec.ed for a bunch of wieght added to the door. You may have to get higher rated struts

Door struts

Both Ron Grover and I have our doors fully upholstered. I agree that is probably adding to our problem and why we both ordered the stonger struts that Ron found. I actually replaced the struts once with the ones from Van's but the problem just reoccured after awhile. After that door hits you in the head a couple of times you finally say OK that's enough of that :D

I actually haven't received mine yet. They come from Germany and take around 4 to 6 weeks to arrive after the order is placed

Wayne Edgerton N602WT

Hey Wayne, can you please post the part number, and ordering info for the replacement struts here on VAF????

There are some folks here who do not participate in the "other" RV forum.

Thanks in advance.

Back