What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Door seal question

walt fuller

Hi folks...Well, we strayed away from Van's game plan and are paying for it again. We decided to go with different door seals. Payed 200 bucks for 25 feet of the stuff and discovered the doors would not shut. We were concerned with the quality of the provided seals but mostly the color ( dark cream to tan?) was not a good match for the interior. We were hoping for something gray or black. Van's door seals measured 1/2" diameter and about 1/16" thick. The stuff we bought was 5/8" diam. and about 1/8" thick.

Anyone know where we can get something comparable in size to Van's seal but in a different color? Need something to cover all that nice, yellow hard glue decorating the edge of our fabric covered doors

Thanks...

Working on glassing the bottom of the windscreen

Last edited:
door seal

Walt .
I study for four years the seal,and always leaving for last,to make short
I have a company who extruded my own design seal,and does not work neither.
now I thinks I have the best solution.instead of stick to the door I will stick to the cabin frame right a the border ,the last seat to do this cost me 1K,its no problem because I still use the remain in my boats.now If you want to try I can send you a piece for your try.basically its a rectangular section with a very strong glue,with a round section ,hollow,and very soft attach to the outside ,the door close over the round ,and seal the full perimeter,don't allow the air or water infiltration..
for the covering of the door border ,don't worry ,I'm working in that part,I have the same problem.
let me know
hugo

Back