What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Door seal needed

N2756C

Guys- I'm looking for some excess Van's door seal material for one door. Maybe someone has decided not to use the Van's material and would like to sell it.

The material is still available in the full length from Van's but since I only need enough for one door, I thought I'd post this.

Please send a PM if you can help.

Thanks,

Robert
Long Beach, CA

Robert, you can have mine. Drop me an email at aturner at clarion.edu to work things out.

Andy

You will probably get many more offers as we really like our McMaster Carr seals.

You can have my 3003 tubing and nose axle too. Oh yeh i'll even throw in the axle extensions and van's door safety latch that I would not even use on my chicken pen. All of this for just scrap price and shpg. I think scrap value is up to $3.50.

I will see your 3003 tubing/door latch combo and raise you a fuel valve to take my door seals instead of someone else's!

Last edited:
Thanks and enough already!

Seriously, thanks for the offers everyone. I get the message. I should look into McCarr Master seals too.

I will take you up on the Van's seals, though. We need them to get the plane ready for flight. I can change them before we add paint.

By the way, we already changed the front axle and did away with the plastic brake lines and softie rigid brake line tubing....

Thanks again,

Robert
N1UV (reserved)

??

Just for future reference.. What McMaster part number are you guys ordering for the door seals? What are you guys ordering for the door latches? Brake lines? Thanks.

I am writing all this down in a notepad for future use.

MC# 1120A411. Weighs approx 1 lb more than Vans. I can't say it will seal any better, just looks nicer and your door weighs approx 14 oz less.

Sean Strasburgs safety latch kit.

Bonaco ss flex lines. He knows what you need.

I don't have mine installed...

I've been flying for about a year without a door seal. I didn't think it really mattered until Amanda and I were flying to colorado and her kniting project began to get sucked out across the side rail. :eek:

She captured the yarn before it got away. :)

I think we will install our door seal this fall... in texas that is december. :mad:

Good luck with your door seal.

Back