What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Door Latches

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
So I know there are some after market handles/latches from Hendrinks and from IFlyRV10, but both have some drawbacks in my opinions. Any other options to cosider?

Hendricks:
1) Requires you to roll your own pins/shafts
2) Interior handle is connected to main assembly, so outside latch is far forward on door
3) Handle is wider than door depth so requires some glass work

PRO
1) Interior handle is better than stock handle

IFlyRV10:
1) Requires the secret hole/button to undo inside latch in addition to rotating exterior handle
2) Uses stock interior handle (can be dressed up with Aerosport Products though)

I like the IFlyRV10 handle, but dislike having to fiddle around with undoing the inside latch at the same time. Is there a way around this yet?

I like the look of the flush handles, but like you I've yet to find one that I really like.

So I'm using the standard latches with Geoff's dress-up kit since they're cheap and simple.

I'm not a big fan of how Van's handles look on the outside of the aircraft, but initially I'm painting them the same color as the plane to help them disappear. I'll Van's just to keep the project moving along and get up in the air.

Ultimately I'm going to machine my own external handles and replace Vans handle with something a little more pleasing to the eye. They're only held on by one screw and it will be really easy to dress up on a rainy day when I can't fly.

Phil

I started to install the iflyrv10 handles. I put one in and decided to go back to the standard Van's handle.

So, I have a slightly used set of iflyrv10 handles that could be had at a great price. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

bob

Back