What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Don't damage a prop

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Don't damage an RV-12 prop. I ordered new blades from Sensenich the first week in November, kind of expecting shipping in a few days. Two weeks later I called and was told they were in the paint shop and would be shipped Nov 20. Nov. 25 I called and was told they'd be shipped "in a week or week and a half". Called today and was told they "should be shipped by the end of the week". When I asked why the delay I was told that they don't keep blades in stock, and that three weeks was pretty common. When I asked why longer the answer was "Thanksgiving". You'd think that with 1000+ RV-12 kits sold they might try to work ahead a bit?

Wayne 120241

In their defense, they make a ton of different blade models, and the process is not a quick one. I think they are probably working at capacity just to keep up. Hartzell is much the same way. They build to order to a certain extent as well, leading to the high lead time of prop orders through Van's.

I can understand the fact that it takes 3 or 4 weeks to build and ship blades. What I can't understand is why they would keep moving the shipping date. They know how long the process takes....................they should give a realistic shipping date in the first place!

Jim

Higher profit margin props would likely take precedence over lower margin blades. If their fiscal year is the same as calendar year...

Honesty is the best policy, especially in business. In any transaction, each party should know exactly what they are giving and what they are receiving, and when. Promising a product or service by a certain date, and then not keeping that promise, is not being honest. Sure, unexpected circumstances can delay delivery, once. But it is being dishonest to repeatedly promise delivery within a certain time period, just to get a customer off their back, knowing that promise will not be kept. Why not be upfront and give the expected delivery date (plus a little extra to allow for delays) at the beginning? If delivery is made on or before the promised date, the customer will be happy.
Maybe Catto Props gives better service. :D

Honesty is the best policy, especially in business. In any transaction, each party should know exactly what they are giving and what they are receiving, and when. Promising a product or service by a certain date, and then not keeping that promise, is not being honest. Sure, unexpected circumstances can delay delivery, once. But it is being dishonest to repeatedly promise delivery within a certain time period, just to get a customer off their back, knowing that promise will not be kept. Why not be upfront and give the expected delivery date (plus a little extra to allow for delays) at the beginning? If delivery is made on or before the promised date, the customer will be happy.
Maybe Catto Props gives better service. :D
Concur totally. Could not have been expressed better.
I will definitely be looking closely at Catto Props.

Back