What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dome LEDs....how many needed?

miyu1975

Well Known Member
Has anyone installed these in the planes. If so how many would recommend getting...I was thinking 6 or so. 2 in the baggage area and 4 in cockpit..

cat-med_led-dome.jpg

I put two on the brace that goes from the tipup rollbar to the rear bulkhead.

I put one in the mapbox and two under the panel on the panel support ribs pointing down.

These are nice lights but the light seems to go mostly straight down. not much of a flood. They are not super bright but that is good because at night they make a nice ultra white glow in the area they are lighting.

I would use them again without hesitation.

lights

ok..thx...I was thinking of using them as courtesy lights...maybe to come and off when the canopy opens and closed..like in a car.

I used 2 in the baggage area and 2 under the panel. Pretty nice lights for the price.

light1.jpg

light2.jpg

light3.jpg

one

I just installed one light. It swivels so I can point it anywhere I need it. It's installed just aft the rollbar under the canopy brace, see pic.

maplights.jpg

DSCN1239.sized.jpg

led lights

I bought some red LED assemblies (like the ones in the picture in the original post on this thread) from www.allelectronics.com. They cost $ 6.00 each... Then, with a dremel tool, I cut away the "dome" part of the LEDs, and now the light is diffuse enough to illunminate the entire panel.
They also sell led strips which are great for the panel if you mount them under the glareshield.

Back