What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Does 7a stand taller than 6A

I was at the Lee Bottom Flyin this past weekend and I noticed that the RV 7a and 9a looked to set taller than the 6a. I realize that the vertical stab is larger on the 7a and 9a, but the entire air frame appeared to be higher off the ground. I'm I just imagining things or is the 7a and 9a landing gears taller? Another question, is the landing gear the same height on both the 7a and 9a?

I was at the Lee Bottom Flyin this past weekend and I noticed that the RV 7a and 9a looked to set taller than the 6a. I realize that the vertical stab is larger on the 7a and 9a, but the entire air frame appeared to be higher off the ground. I'm I just imagining things or is the 7a and 9a landing gears taller? Another question, is the landing gear the same height on both the 7a and 9a?

Yup, the main gear legs are longer on the 7/9A versions. Since the two aircraft share the same fuselage (different center section) I believe the gear legs are the same.

The -6A models...

...also sit at a more positive incidence (measured at the cockpit rails) than the -9A and -7A models.

This also makes their tails seem lower, as well as the vertical stabs being smaller...

Back