What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Did I Get A Good Deal?

DevDad

Well Known Member
As some of you know, I'm moving in about a month, at which point I will be able to begin my project. I've been watching for deals locally and on CraigsList to get my tools purchased, at which point I will most likely purchase a kit from Avery, but here's what I am most likely picking up tomorrow. Good deal, good compressor?

I won't know the model number until tomorrow. But, supposedly, here is the deal.

30 Gallon, 150 Max. PSI Craftsman Compressor
Oiling, 110v Compatible (Good for my new house)
Comes with oiler and water separator/filter, and 50' of hose
Like new condition

$200.00

Seems like a good deal to me, but I'm not sure, as I literally know nothing about tools. I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks,
Mike

Yeah, that's not a bad deal. You probably saved $100 give or take.

That's what I'm thinking. The issue, however, is that I can't find a 30 gallon Craftsman that is oil-lubed online. It makes me think the seller isn't sure. What should I look for when I go check it out to know one way or the other?

Mike

That's what I'm thinking. The issue, however, is that I can't find a 30 gallon Craftsman that is oil-lubed online. It makes me think the seller isn't sure. What should I look for when I go check it out to know one way or the other?
Mike

An oiled unit, will usually have a separate motor with a belt. Oil less units are combined motor/compressor, and very noisy, as in high pitch. Either one will do the job. It's just the noise factor that gets irritating.

L.Adamson

Thanks for the advice guys. As my hunch indicated, it was oil-free, so I said "No, thanks!". I'll keep looking, as they seem to pop up every few days around here.

Mike

Back