What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DFW Electrical supply house?

jferraro17

Opulence, I has it...
Anybody have a good *local* source for things I might otherwise pick up from Stein? Specifically, I need to finalize and obtain some switches....but I'm a tactile, feel it in my hand before I buy kind of guy.

Walt? Mel? Monk? Anybody?

Gracias!

Aero Parts and Supply

I have had good luck with Aero Parts and Supply at Dallas Executive Airport. They seem to have a good inventory of parts and can get what you need in a day or two. The number is 214-337-3328. With the new security measures I find it easier to fly down to get parts and park outside the shop. They are just to the right of the terminal building when taxiing in.

TJ

There is a Mouser distribution center up there. They probably have a will-call. I still get a thrill placing a Mouser order and having it in less than 24hrs via ups ground.

Mouser and Allied Electronics have local locations, but the "have it in your hand before buying part" may be difficult. Electro Enterprises is an aviation specific distributor in Arlington...they have all high quality mil-spec items, but their inventory is split between DFW and Oklahoma City. For getting your hands on things, Altex in Addison has a pretty good (but not great) selection of switches, AMP connectors, contacts, termianl blocks, etc.

If you are looking for MS switches (Eaton or Microswitch style), let me know. I have a fair amount I'm not going to use on this project, and could let them go for a minimal price. I could bring them by 52F if you want to look through them. Good luck.

**Check your PMs.

Last edited:
I used to live in south Arlington. Mouser is in Mansfield. I called down there once to see if they have a parts counter. Unless things have changed they are mail order only, no walk-in business.

AIS at Denton airport had a decent selection of "stuff", been a few years since I've been there but they are easy to deal with and close by.

Back