What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Demo Ride and/or Tour in the Phoenix Area?

Zeigh

I'm New Here
Hello,

It is early in my research for whether I am up to the task of such a project, but I am very seriously considering building an RV-10. Is there an official way to go about getting a demo ride and/or close up tour? How about an RV-10 owner that lives in the Phoenix, Arizona area and would like a passenger to pay for fuel in a short flight? I am based out of KFFZ, work at KIWA, and live closest to P19.

Blue Skies,
Zeigh.

Welcome to VAF, Zeigh..

..I've had my -10 for a little over a year and let me tell you....it doesn't get any better than this!:)

BTW, is it pronounced "ZEE" or Zay? or...?
Best,

..I've had my -10 for a little over a year and let me tell you....it doesn't get any better than this!:)

BTW, is it pronounced "ZEE" or Zay? or...?
Best,

Pierre,

It is pronounced "Z". All those other letters are just a nuance in the weight and balance calculations of my life. My mama was the world's oldest living hippie, so what do you expect?

Blue Skies,
Zeigh.

Welcome to VAF!!!!

"Z" man, welcome to the force.:D

Good to have you here, good to have another 10 builder in the queue.

Love word play:rolleyes:

Post your reply on the Matronics RV10 mail site and you will likely get some reply. Dave McNeil is at Falcon and he is on that list. I would offer you a ride in mine but most if it is still in the box.:)

Post your reply on the Matronics RV10 mail site and you will likely get some reply. Dave McNeil is at Falcon and he is on that list. I would offer you a ride in mine but most if it is still in the box.:)

Deems up at DVT and Dave McNeil at FFZ are the only two flying -10s I know of in the Phoenix area. There are a bunch under construction...Mike Lefevre and I are at CHD, Myron Nelson near FFZ and Mike Andreson in Apache Junction for active builds in the east valley. There is also a flying -10 in Prescott and one in Yuma. Doug Peterson built one of the early -10s and later sold it, built an -8, and now is starting in on a -10 again.

Consider the next fly-in at P08

Z:

Before the summer, I took a ride with a fellow with an unpainted 10 at the monthly breakfast at P08. He's been there several times but I cannot recall his name. I'd suggest you attend the next Coolidge breakfast which is on 12/4. Several builders were at the Nov fly-in including Doug who was mentioned in another post.

My reaction to the 10 was very positive. It was very responsive and (obviously) offered a lot more room than my 9.

Back