What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Declutter Skyview Map

Ex Bonanza Bucko

Well Known Member
I have a new SLSA. I live and fly in Southern Goofafornia so there is a lot of stuff on the map; so much stuff right around San Diego that one can't see the traffic depicted on the SV screen. Most of the clutter is due to about ten thousand "reporting points" that FAA and some other set of idiots have decreed.

I checked the SV installation guide and found no info on how to either set up the map to reduce clutter or to hit a clutter reducing button as we used to have on the old Garmins in the bad old days.

You got any input about that?

Thanks a bunch,
EBB

MAP MENU -> MAP ITEMS lets you remove things you don't want to see.

Page 7-26 of the user guide.

We generally don't show visual reporting points in the USA. Are the things you see gray, or cyan? Gray are city names, and cyan are IFR fixes (which are critical to those in the IFR environment, but aren't reporting points). Either can be turned off in the map items.

The user manual is different than the installation manual and covers declutter. Some items will automatically declutter based on your altitude.

Guys:
Thanks! I decluttered the heck out of it and I can see the traffic now...eliminated almost all small, medium and large cities, railroads, highways and reporting points....I pretty much have the stuff I need in the air like airspace, naiads and airports. My Mark 1A eyeballs can find the ground stuff just fine by looking outside where they belong.

Around here the traffic is like a butterfly convention and about half don't speak either English or Spanish and half of those don't have the slightest idea where they are so you gotta be careful!:)

There are some flight schools here are training future pilots for a pile of third world airlines and some of those have no cultural or tech basis for leaving an ox cart on the ground. (If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going...and ditto re some pilots who will remain un named in the interest of international comity).

EBB

Back