What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Decisions regarding A/C...

tom kreiner

I'm New Here
Maybe you're grappling with the decision whether to add A/C to your RV-10, or 14.

While many builders definitely don't want A/C, at least when they're in the building process. Once the A/C if flying, however, you may wish you had done things differently.

In a year or three, perhaps, you may taxi out, hold for 15 minutes, like my buddy and I did several days ago, sweating like ****. We've all been there, and flying during the summer can be very uncomfortable.

Actually, we we flew last week, we turned his A/C unit on, and before we knew it, the cabin temp was around 70 degrees in mid-90's weather. Obviously, that aircraft was built by a guy whose other half demanded he add A/C if they were going to use it to travel places. Sound familiar?

So, may I make a suggestion? Simple, add the hooks, as the software guys say. How? Add the Bulkhead fitting to your firewall, along with the hoses from firewall to the baggage compartment. This is a very inexpensive way to ensure that you're not locked into the long term downside of your decision.

The cost of the fitting and hoses is less than $200., and, should you decide to sell the plane, this simple planning would add to the sales appeal of the plane.

Last edited:
Back