What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Deciphering Van's Part Numbers

Geico266

Well Known Member
I need to order some Cleveland Brake parts for an RV-10. Cleveland Brake PN 30-59E. Looking on Aircraft Spruce, or Van's website there is no such beast. How does Van's part numbering system work for components to a braking system? In the plans the brake cylinders are called out as left & right brake cylinders with no part number, that I can find anyway.

I'll call Van's, but has anyone figured out their numbering system? The search function on their web site is not very helpful unless you have the exact number.

Larry,

That part number is the entire caliper assembly - is that really what you're looking for?

Here are individual Cleveland part numbers that you can find easily:
Pads: 66-112
Rivets: 105-2
o-rings: 101-05200 or MS28775-224

I actually have spares for all of the above, let me know if you're in a bind and I can loan you something until you can get it ordered.

Bob #40105
Papillion, NE

Well, I need a piston too. It was good when I was inspecting it.....until I dropped it. :mad: It hit right on the corner and dented the o-ring seat alittle. I'll just replace it, but I can't find a PN for it, and Van's phone has been busy for 2 hours. :cool:

Thanks for the offer Bob, that is really kind of you. Wanna loan me whole brake cylinder? lol (kidding)

Last edited:
Back