What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Decent Borescopes?

SebsRV7A

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Aircraft Tool Supply has borescopes on sale for around $200. I've seen these in Spruce's catalogs and considered them before. Will they work okay for cylinder inspections, etc, for occasional use? They have 6 and 10mm sizes. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Seb Trost
RV-7A 340 hours
Boulder City, NV (KBVU)

Aircraft Tool Supply has borescopes on sale for around $200. I've seen these in Spruce's catalogs and considered them before. Will they work okay for cylinder inspections, etc, for occasional use? They have 6 and 10mm sizes. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Seb Trost
RV-7A 340 hours
Boulder City, NV (KBVU)

I suggest you buy one, and let me borrow it.:D

Although I just purchased it about three years ago, ( the newer digital with screens were available then) I have a fiberoptic scope purchased from NAPA. I paid over $300 for it and it's not worth the effort to bury. If you look at a screw head , you have to be directly over it. It would take a long while to find a small screw in a 6" X 6" space, and this is the sort of think I purchased it for. I tested a camera or screen type and it would serve my purpose like a dream. I had our Aerotec engines take a look at mine and they said it was normal for this type. It was their digital scope that I tried.
Ron

Back