What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

David Clark customer service

rjcthree

Well Known Member
Very positive experience with David Clark customer/repair service.

I rec'd a set of 10-13.4's I purchsed used from the forum, the mic was DOA. Buyer beware and all of that. I sent them off to DC for repair, completely signed up to paying whatever they would charge, and although they were out of warranty by a year, they did a complete overhaul, replacing earphones (speakers), mic, ear pads and headpad at N/C and no shipping charges. Nice people to talk to, too! Total turn time from ship to rec back 10 days.

Rick 90432

In the past I also had to send in my David Clark headset for repair. I agree they were great to deal with no problems with their customer service. They went over and above what needed to be done! My compliments to the David Clark organization, they truly stand behind their product.

Same positive experience here...

I had a headset that was in storage for 15 years... sent it to David Clark for a check-out (fully expecting to pay for it).

Got the headset back all checked out with new ear seals and new headband cusion...

All for zero cost.:)

David Clark will get more of my business.

Rich

1st Class Company!

I bought a 10 year old second hand headset and sent it in to be checked out. They replaced the seals and the mic. Zero charge!

I love D/C too, but there is a limit to the service. My spare headset is 21 years old and the mic boom was getting loose. Repair cost me $86 shipped, including a new head pad and ear seals at no additional charge, which I thought was quite fair.

The thing I love about D/C though is that they just work. No fuss, no aggravation, they have never let me down. Can't say the same for a set of Lightspeeds that failed midway through a flight to Alaska.

Dave

Roll of the dice

I haven't quite been able to figure out DC's rationale for when they will or won't fix something free of charge. I had a headset out of warranty with a mic problem. It sounds like many people in with the same circumstances get everything fixed for free, but they charged me $80. I'm not complaining, because it was out of warranty and I actually expected to have to pay (I hadn't yet read of all the people who had headsets fixed for free). It's just strange that they don't seem to have a consistent approach. :confused:

Last edited:
Back