What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dash marking

Charles in SC

Well Known Member
I have my switches and circuit breakers marked. Warning placards installed. What else needs to be labled and how? I am wondering about things such as throttle, prop, mixture controls, gas gages, canopy handles, etc?
Thanks in advance!

Yes on the engine and prop controls. Not sure about the canopy handle. Don't forget any switches on the stick grip.

labels

The only switch I will have on the stick is a push to talk. I gusee it will need to say "push to talk"

The standard marking is PTT (push to talk) but in my radio days we used to joke about the few blabber mouths and threaten to label theirs RTL (release to listen).:D

I marked my canopy release and also the latch open and close for the tip up. All throttle, prop, and mixtures and any announcer lights. The 12 v @ 5 amps for the power outlet.
Don't forget when you calibrate your compass you need a compass correction card.

See, that is what I love about this forum, I labled the 12 volt outlet but did not put the amp rating on it. I will do that tomorrow.

Back