What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

D-180 Shutting Off Unexpectedly

jte65

Well Known Member
The last few times I have gone for a flight, I have had the D-180 shut itself off shortly after startup. It had never done this in the past and nothing has been changed in terms of setup, etc. The only other time it would normally do this is after shutdown when external power is lost. However, during these unexpected shutdowns, it is not giving the warning that indicates external power has been lost. In each case, I have just turned it back on using the softkey on the D-180. It has fired up normally and then remained on for the duration of the flight with no indications anything is wrong.

Anyone else experienced this or anyone who knows the D-180 well have any ideas as to why it might do this?

Jeff

check internal battery

Page 9-1 of the FlightDEK-D180 Installation Guide describes how to test the internal battery. Basically what is says is to shut off the master switch and turn on the D180 with full screen brightness. Beggining with the internal battery fully charged, it should last more than 1.5 hours without a low internal battery warning message appearing.
Jeff, your D180 internal battery might be OK but it will be worthwhile to eliminate it as the problem.
Joe Gores

D-180

The last few times I have gone for a flight, I have had the D-180 shut itself off shortly after startup. It had never done this in the past and nothing has been changed in terms of setup, etc. The only other time it would normally do this is after shutdown when external power is lost. However, during these unexpected shutdowns, it is not giving the warning that indicates external power has been lost. In each case, I have just turned it back on using the softkey on the D-180. It has fired up normally and then remained on for the duration of the flight with no indications anything is wrong.

Anyone else experienced this or anyone who knows the D-180 well have any ideas as to why it might do this?

Jeff

Jeff go on the Dynon Forum theres all sorts of problems Discussed & Fixes prolifered there Plus Dynons Experts!
Cheers!

Back