What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

D-180 not seeing servos or AP74 on DSAB

prkaye

Well Known Member
I spent the day wiring my new dynon autopilot servos and AP74 to my D-180. My D-180 has a Dynon-supplied wiring harnesses with two twisted pairs of green/blue DSAB wires. I wired everything up as per the Dynon installation manual and powerd-up to check that the system is communicating. When I go into EFIS-SETUP-DSAB and run the configuration, the D-180 does not see the servos or the AP74 (I have never had anything else wired to the D-180 DSAB network before). I tried both pairs of the blue/green wires on the harness. The AP74 has power, and all its lights are red. I tried disconnecting the AP74 to see if the EFIS would connect to just the servos on the DSAB network, but same result, only 1 device found (the D-180 itself).
When I go into EFIS-SETUP-AP, I get the message "THIS SETUP MENU IS DISABLED BECAUSE EFIS NOT BUSMASTER".
However, when i go into DSAB-STATUS, it shows the FLTDEK-D180, CAN PROVIDE: * BUS MASTER.... at the bottom of that page it says STATUS:STANDALONE.
My D-180 is running firmware 5.6.1. I'm not sure what else to try... any ideas?

Solved it! I pulled the D-180 out and realized that there were two twisted pairs of blue/green wires coming from the 37-pin EFIS harness, that were "not configured". Those were the ones i connected - it's a rat's maze under the panel and these were the only blue/green i could see. When I pulled the Dynon (not an easy task since I didn't leave much slack in my wiring when i built) I saw another very short blue-green twisted pair out of the 25-pin EFIS harness - I would ever have seen these without pulling the unit. I connected these up and now the DSAB configuration sees the servos and the AP74. Next-up is to mechanically mount the servos.

Back