What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Custom Fuel Line Question

Just was wondering if anyone has any reccomendations on custom teflon fuel lines? I know there are a lot of places out there that do it. Vans appears to source some lines from Custom Hose Technologies. They appear to be a bit pricey. Bonaco seems much more reasonable....however, I am concerned that the fittings are not specific aviation fittings? It appears that they are designed to work with both a 37 and 45 degree flare?

Recommendations? My lines from the Vans FF forward kit don't seem to be working in some instances...or perhaps the fit isn't as good as I would like...

Also, any ideas on making your own lines? How much is a crimping tool to put the crimp ends on and who makes them? I have just seen the Aeroqip do it yourself fittings.

Thanks
Steve

What Mike said....

...plus he tests them all to 3,000 psi. He made new oil and fuel hoses for my -10 for a giveaway price AND they were all firesleeved.

Best,

You can also get the RV-10 hoses from Aircrafthose.com-Precision Hose Technology. I have not priced their RV-10 hose kit lately but I was able to get ALL FWF 124J hoses (pictured below) for just a bit more than what TS Flightline is asking for their plain 124 hose kit with external firesleeve-bottom pictures. See this link. The only hose I did not get with integral firesleeve is the MAP line hose.

124J Teflon with integral firesleeve
pic1248j.jpg

Plain 124 Teflon with external firesleeve
pic2650c.jpg

TS Flightline hose kit
1286638428357-1050318752.jpeg

Thanks for the info. I've contacted both suppliers to get more information. Appreciate the replies. I just think I really want to get something that has standard 37 degree fittings on them for something as important as the fuel lines.

This company gave a presentation at one of our EAA Chapter 288 meetings a few months ago. The guy that gave the presentation works for some well known airshow and racing names and uses this stuff on their airplanes. They also have some very innovative and lightweight firesleeve material.

http://www.bmrs.net/progold_main.htm

Back