What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Custom Fuel Caps

olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
I wanted to let everyone know of a great product and a great company to deal with. I recently ordered a set of custom fuel caps with my 'N' number engraved in the cap. The caps turned out great and are very professional looking. The company, Up North Aviation, was great to deal with and I got my caps right away. Check out their website below, you will be pleased with their product.

www.upnorthaviation.com

Oly

fuel caps

I wanted to let everyone know of a great product and a great company to deal with. I recently ordered a set of custom fuel caps with my 'N' number engraved in the cap. The caps turned out great and are very professional looking. The company, Up North Aviation, was great to deal with and I got my caps right away. Check out their website below, you will be pleased with their product.

www.upnorthaviation.com

Oly

Do you have the old caps and are they for sale ?
Richard [email protected]

Heres a picture of one of my fuel caps that was engraved by UpNorth Aviation. I think it turned out great.

fuelcap.jpg

Last edited:
Kudos for Bill at UpNorth Aviation ....

He engraved my fuel caps and shipped them back in a little over one day. GREAT service, and great looking caps. :D:D

Great Product and Service

I had new caps engraved and shipped to my painter. I was unable to get the original caps back to Up North Aviation for 6 weeks. I was told , "not a problem." I shipped them back after I picked up my airplane. They look outstanding! :D

I noticed that everybody still seems to be engraving "100LL" on their caps as the fuel type. Since the future of 100LL is in question (perhaps even in rather immediate question), and we have no idea exactly yet what the unleaded replacement is going to be called, I plan on using a phrase something like "MIN 91 OCTANE" when I get a new set of caps engraved. That way the caps/tanks will be legally placarded for basically any gasoline suitable for running in my 160hp O-320 engine.

I remember having boogie man conversations about 100LL going away...a decade ago now? The boogie man still hasn't shown up...and if he does, a set of gas caps won't break the bank. Oil reserves are drying up, the planet is warming, the muslims are coming, WMD's....100LL is dying....BOOGITY BOOGITY!!!

I'm just sayin...

Back