What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Curious of what you'd do?

aadamson

Well Known Member
I'm not building an RV, but heck some of you on this board know that already, however, this is not an RV specific question.

I have a flap switch and a start switch (up/down toggle) in my panel and I'm trying to put the wraps on it's completion.

You can see both here in the full shot...

DSCN1902.sized.jpg

When connecting the wires onto the lugs of each of these, there isn't a lock type washer as the lugs and screws are either aluminum or brass. Would you add a drop of blue loctite or just snug them up good? There should be little vibration, but I figured someone here would have an opinion... :)...

Thanks in advance,

If I recall correctly, my little screws had little lock washers or star washers under them. Never cared much for them for the very reasons you note. I've never used Loctite on these screws but I don't know why you couldn't. Better safe than sorry.

BTW, very nice looking panel. Professional, neat, easy to follow, and pleasing to the eye, not to mention that it's loaded with a lot of expensive goodies. Me likey.

alan what do you have that is going in hte slot between the radio and transponder? and what screens are those, the two on the left and the one on the right? i'm not real up to date on what some of these efis/ emu look like

alan what do you have that is going in hte slot between the radio and transponder? and what screens are those, the two on the left and the one on the right? i'm not real up to date on what some of these efis/ emu look like

Danny,

Sorry I should have filled in those blanks...

An SL-40 goes in the slot above the transponder.

The screen on the right is the Vertical Power (www.verticalpower.com) Display Unit for the dual alt/batt VP-200 system... I'm really excited about this part of this airplane, go check out their website, basically a complete solid state electrical control system, no more switches and breakers!

The EFIS displays are the Dual Chelton system with PFD/MFD and an integrated GADAHRS (gps, attitude, heading, reference system). Behind this panel, I'll have the other non-visible items, including a blind mounted MVP-50, and a Navworx ADS-B UAT with transmit option.

Instead of a 496, which was originally planned, the portable in the panel will be a new Garmin Aera 560. This will give me ADS-B traffic/weather on the Chelton screens, and when I'm out of ADS-B coverage, I'll have weather/traffic via TIS (from the 330 transponder) and weather from XM on the Garmin in the panel.

It's been along time coming and I took a year, almost 2 break.... I'm so close, have all the parts, just need to focus and commit time as needed.

Back