What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Csk forward-most skin hole in tailcone longerons?

Russell B

I'm New Here
I am at 10-16 Step 1 which says to csk all skin holes in the longeron (except for fairing screw holes), but I can't csk forward-most skin hole in the longeron because that 3/32 hole is not #40 match drilled yet.

I didn't match drill that hole yet because 10-12 Step 9 says to not drill any holes associated with F-1006 bulkhead, and the forward-most hole in the longeron lies over F-1006.

Seems that I should now drill the forward-most longeron hole to #40 and csk, but want to make sure this is correct so it doesn't cause an issue later at tailcone attach.

Appreciate any guidance -

Russell

That hole should have been match-drilled in 10-11, step 2, independent of the bulkhead and top skin. Just pull the bulkhead away, drill it, countersink, and replace. You will match-drill the bulkhead tab and top skin later, as I recall, along with the forward skin, but the aft side skins need to be dimpled before you rivet - you won't be able to after you rivet them on.

Thanks Patrick - as called for in 10-11 step 2, I match drilled with 3/32", so csk pilot won't fit as it needs a #40 hole. Sounds like I need to go ahead and drill that hole to #40 and csk, and #40 drill same hole in 1073 skin and dimple it.

Wanted to make sure this is not a location that gets overlapped by fuse skin which is csk.

Thanks again -

Back