What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crow seat belts, 3 inch or 2 inch width?

petersb

Well Known Member
My last RV had hooker belts, think they were approx 2 inches wide.

My friend just purchased the 2 inch Crow's. Seems nice quality, they seemed to be a little lighter belt fabrics compared to hookers and the shoulder harness pads seemed narrrower.

Think I will see if Crow will put the 3 inch pads on the 2 inch belts.

Any comments ?

Peter

I went with the Crow 2 inch web and pads.. I'm happy with them. My thinking is that they are thick enough with padding to be safe but as well are not so bulky that they make the cockpit look over crowded. I wanted to keep the extra bulk out of my cockpit to make it seem bigger and less busy ? :)

I too went with the 2 inch, 5 point straps, but I called them as I wanted the release to be on the left for the pilot and the right for the passenger with their graphics correctly orientated. They made them as I specified at no extra charge. The picture of them is on the second log of the build.They will also build to specific colors.
Smilin' Jack

Last edited:
Went with the 2in web and pads for a 5 pt harness. Rotary release on the right side for both seats. Extremely comfortable setup and was easy to work with the company for ordering. Tightens all the belts by pulling towards the rotary buckle. Used washers pressed in as spacers after slightly opening the hole on the attachment fitting. Highly recommend them!

I had a friend that tried both and sent the 3" versions back...he said they were just too heavy. I personally went with the 2" and am very happy with them, although not flying yet.

Back