What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crotch Strap

todehnal

Well Known Member
When installing the crotch straps, I noticed that the end that engages the buckle is on an angle from the strap. Why, and which way does it go??

Tom

Hey Tom. I know nothing about the RV12. Just wanted to say Hello! I live in south Alabama. I am originally from Paducah and make it back there several times a year in the RV7A. Nice to see a builder from Western Ky.

It will go in the middle with the metal tabs from the L and R shoulder harness on either side of it, the three slipping over the tab of the non-buckle belt. That is, unless after wearing it awhile you leave it under the seat...

Have the strap adjustment facing "up" or forward.

Forward or back? It's much like dressing left or right--- a matter of personal preference (and comfort!)

Hey Tom. I know nothing about the RV12. Just wanted to say Hello! I live in south Alabama. I am originally from Paducah and make it back there several times a year in the RV7A. Nice to see a builder from Western Ky.

Hey Alton!! We live on Pirates Cove Airport (42KY). It's on the charts, and is located on the West side of KY lake, near the end of Jonathan Creek, which is about 10 nautical South of the Dam; 3000ft paved. Stop in anytime........Tom

Thanks

Thank's guys. I'll take another look at the crotch strap layout. I would normally install belts with the adjusting strap out, which puts the ID lable in......Tom

Tom, you might want to consider installing the belts in a manner that does not allow them to be mixed up over the flap handle and cause an interference. One male, one female in the center.

Seat Belt Arangement

Tom, you might want to consider installing the belts in a manner that does not allow them to be mixed up over the flap handle and cause an interference. One male, one female in the center.

Did that. Thanks Dave...........Tom

Open Lots

Tom, any Open lots? I am looking for a retirement home.

There are a few that I know of. No signs out, but if you are interested, come by and I will give you as much info as I have. From there, it is a matter of you contacting the seller. Hope that helps. By the way, we have been retired here for 20 years now, and love it..........Tom

Back