What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cranksahft AD

flyindoorman

Well Known Member
I'm looking at an Rv10 with a I0540 d4 a5 in it the plane had first flight Oct 06 how can I tell if the crank ad would apply to it or not ?

Thanks for your help.

AD search

Please provide an engine serial number and date of overhaul. Compliance should be recorded in the logbooks provided that this engine was certified at one time. Of the three AD's I found against this engine type, one seems to require crankshaft replacement during any event that splits the case (overhaul) or 12 years. I haven't dug into the Service Bulletins that the A.D.'s reference. Post here or P.M. with details and I'll see what I can do.

Crankshaft Ad

Andrew

Thanks for your response i will get the serial number of the engine and post it her.

It is a factory new first run I have no idea when the bad batch of cranks was.

Crankshaft AD

If the engine was not new at installation, it would also be wise to get the actual serial number off the crankshaft flange and run it against the list of affected crankshafts. The crankshaft could have been changed out at some time, and may be affected.

Crankshaft

Thanks for all the replies. It was a factory new engine in April 2006.

I ran the serial number with Lycoming and it's good.

Back