What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cradle for Nexus 7?

WingedFrog

Well Known Member
I had anticipated to put my Nexus 7 tablet just above the radio where it seemed to fit. That was until I lowered the canopy and the big round bar at the bottom pushed the tablet just enough to hide the radio display :mad: I still want to put it at this location with a ram mount. Can anyone recommend a cradle with ram mount that works well with Nexus 7?
Thanks

I've been using the Ram suction cup with mine with a Ram ball on either end. It hasn't come loose on it's own yet.

I can't recommend a cradle, but I used a very cost effective holder. It mounts under the panel on the avionic floor via suction. It has not come off in flight for months. I put it on and it has been on since.

ipad suction.jpg

ipad mount.jpg

Just an alternative, plus you may want to put on the Glaresheild in the future. :)

I can't recommend a cradle, but I used a very cost effective holder. It mounts under the panel on the avionic floor via suction. It has not come off in flight for months. I put it on and it has been on since.

Just an alternative, plus you may want to put on the Glaresheild in the future. :)

Thanks, that will do it as I already had an eye on the Arkon SM517.

i would look more into the nexus 7 readibility in sunlight. in my fisher dakota hawk with a roof it works great for me . my friend with a sonex says it is much more of a problem.
also, some very slick cradles out there for the samsung tablet but there is a very slight size difference and a nexus 7 won't fit.
bob noffs

i would look more into the nexus 7 readibility in sunlight. in my fisher dakota hawk with a roof it works great for me . my friend with a sonex says it is much more of a problem.
also, some very slick cradles out there for the samsung tablet but there is a very slight size difference and a nexus 7 won't fit.
bob noffs

This is my concern too. Would a kind of visor above the tablet improve the readability? I will try to fabricate something but I would like to hear from fellows who tried this too. The advantage of the ram mount is that it provides some flexibility for the location of the tablet in avoiding direct sunlight.

i would think anything that keeps the tablet out of the direct sun would help. if it helps enough is the question.
bob noffs

Back