What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cowling for Superior IO360 cold air sump with Fixed Pitch Prop

Pman

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone with a RV8 has the below engine/prop combination:

-Superior IO360
-Cold Air Sump
-Horizontal Air Induction
-Air Flow Performance FM-150 Fuel Injection
-Vetterman exhaust
-Catto 2 or 3 Bladed Prop (fixed pitch)

Here's my question, with the above components, does anyone know which RV8 cowl, preferably the "smooth cowl" (with a snorkel air intake) is available without additional fiberglass work?

I've already done a forum "search". Also, I spoke to Van's Tech Support, however, I wasn't offered any specifics regarding which type of cowl will fit(?)...., Van's recommended I present the question on the forum.

Thanks in advance, please keep responses relative to the proposed question.

Mike Perillo

Last edited:
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone with a RV8 has the below engine/prop combination:

-Superior IO360
-Cold Air Sump
-Horizontal Air Induction
-Air Flow Performance FM-150 Fuel Injection
-Vetterman exhaust
-Catto 2 or 3 Bladed Prop (fixed pitch)

Here's my question, with the above components, does anyone know which RV8 cowl, preferably the "smooth cowl" (with a snorkel air intake) is available without additional fiberglass work?

I've already done a forum "search". Also, I spoke to Van's Tech Support, however, I wasn't offered any specifics regarding which type of cowl will fit(?)...., Van's recommended I present the question on the forum.

Thanks in advance, please keep responses relative to the preposed question.

Mike Perillo

I have that set up, the snorkel required minor work the clear alternator. No big deal.
And yes, it is with smooth cowl.

Last edited:
RE cowl for Superior Fwd Facing Induction..Cold Air Sump..

Yes ..I have similar set up...Silverhawk..
C/S.. etc ...I used a James a/c ram air system....and modified the cowl ...by grafting an intake scoop with alum. intake ring...used the vans smooth cowl..works very well ..hope photo comes thru....

Last edited:
Back