What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

cost minus pp/avionics

drmax

Well Known Member
Hello. Unsure where this may have been discussed here and please point me to the thread if so, but what is a ball park figure of finished airframe on a 7A slider, minus powerplant/prop/avionics? I can add up the cost of kits, shipping, and guesstimate engine price and what avionics are added. I'm sure there are some other factors, I.E. paint, that have to be taken into consideration. I'm not factoring labor in this sum. I'm in the market for a finished craft and trying to put together some numbers. Thx for any info. DM

I was going to make a joke about saying the kit price is about 1/4 of the total price.. but it doesn't seem funny anymore.

Last edited:
I was going to make a joke about saying the kit price is about 1/4 of the total price.. but it doesn't seem funny anymore.

That is funny! I think.... :D (Until I buy my $30000 engine and $20000 in avionics. It may not be funny anymore.) ;)

That is funny! I think.... :D (Until I buy my $30000 engine and $20000 in avionics. It may not be funny anymore.) ;)

Add the cost of shipping half way around the world, unfavourable exchange rates (OK now but cost me another 18% on the first two kits), plus customs charges and 10% tax on everything, and it definitely becomes less funny! :(

Back