What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Copperstate Fly In

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
Any 12 builders or flyers going to the Copper State Fly In next week? I notice that it scheduled for Thrusday thru Saturday. Just askin!

I live just south of there in Tucson. I will be up with a couple of other aircraft Friday morning by 0800 hrs until about 1200 hrs.

Anybody seen the Arrival Procedure NOTAM? I might show up late Saturday morning, but I haven't decided yet. Past times home builts got stuck parking in the dirt and there were too many fingers poking around things by non-aviation people.

No NOTAM

There is no NOTAM. There will be no tower this year so it functions as it does normally. 45-downwind-base-final position calls. See Copperstate website for more info. BE VERY CAREFUL when approaching/departing with all that traffic in pattern and area!

Intending to go, not sure yet which day(s), but leaning toward Fri/Sat am. Still building, so will have to (sigh!) drive there. Penance, dues, whatever.

Anybody seen the Arrival Procedure NOTAM? I might show up late Saturday morning, but I haven't decided yet. Past times home builts got stuck parking in the dirt and there were too many fingers poking around things by non-aviation people.

Just to clarify... If you arrive later on Saturday, after primary parking areas have possibly filled up, You may end up parking in a less optimal location regardless of what you are flying. It is nothing specific to homebuilts....

Signed - Former (17+ years ago) vice chairman of the fly-in (I don't imagine it has changed much from back then)

VIKING at Copperstate

Jan Egenfellner is planning to be there with a modified Zenith 750 sporting his latest: a VIKING/HONDA with turbo and intercooler. He made it from southern Florida to Waco TX in one day yesterday. Will probably make Tucson today. Worth taking a look at, I think. I'm putting the non-turbo VIKING on my -12 as we speak!

Back