What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cooler door gasket

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
I've seen posting for forming the cooler door gasket on the firewall instead of the door. After test-fitting the parts, I'm not sure I see any advantage either way. Big problem is that the door can twist/flex. It looks like it would actually be easier to form a uniform bead on the door and then put it in place, Pros/cons fron those whom have done it?

PS-- Called Van's today about the "Extra" piece in the FF kit that looks like a shim to go between the door and the hinge(FF-1205D??) but isn't shown on the plans. Answer was that that part is "outmoded" and shouldn't be used.

THANKS

Wayne 120241

Thanks John

Looks like you followed instructions and made the gasket on the door.

I had exactly the same problem with my lower cowl. With the muffler centered, it rubbed against the cowl. With muffler shifted to center the exhaust in the cutout, the exhaust rubbed against the hose. Figured that was a No-No, so enlarged the cutout in the lower cowl. Cowl fit has been a major headache and burned up 3 weeks of construction time-- and I'm still not happy with it.

Back