What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cooled Seats?

ERushing

Well Known Member
Has anyone figured out how to implement cooled seats in an RV10? After flying around in a DA-40 this weekend, I was reminded of the unpleasant layer of sweat that develops between the undercarriage and the leather seats.

Now, if I could also figure out how to implement the in-seat massagers in my brother-in-law's Audi A-8, I'd be set!!

Has anyone figured out how to implement cooled seats in an RV10? After flying around in a DA-40 this weekend, I was reminded of the unpleasant layer of sweat that develops between the undercarriage and the leather seats.

Now, if I could also figure out how to implement the in-seat massagers in my brother-in-law's Audi A-8, I'd be set!!

I wanted to do this, but it was far enough down the list that I never got past a little investigating.

There are some aftermarket cooled seat kits in the automotive market. They're basically a mesh pad that acts as an air channel, and have a small 12v fan or two that blow air into the pad. This is then installed under perforated leather (or cloth maybe?). I got as far as daydreaming about a way to push ram air via a NACA vent instead of the fans.

I did get perforated leather, and I suppose could install something later... but if you haven't flown a -10 with shorts, let's just say that the air vents are well positioned! ;)

Last edited:
After flying around in a DA-40 this weekend, I was reminded of the unpleasant layer of sweat that develops between the undercarriage and the leather seats.

This is the exact reason I don't do leather in my airplane or car. Quality cloth seats work well and hold up amazingly well.

Carl

Back