What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cool Scenery while on an RV Adventure

jetjok

Well Known Member
This was taken last June while on our flight to CA with the RV. This is my first attempt to imbed a picture.
P1010994.jpg

Seems to have worked out! I need to figure out how to focus my camera on the foreground!

The Bad News

The Bad news is the lodge and restaurant burnt down at Big Creek, late last year. The photo that Jetjok took is on the Big Creek runway looking towards the south. The restaurant-lodge was just several hundred feet south of the runway. The Big Creek Lodge was one of my favorite Idaho back country destinations. It will surely be missed.

Steve Barnes the Builders Coach

Mark, don't tease us! Where was the photo taken? :D

Lovely shot!

As Steve stated, it is Big Creek, ID. We stayed for a few nights at the lodge, and was it ever great. During our annual pilgrimage to Johnson Creek, the clan from my local airport converges there every morning for the great breakfast.
Unfortunately, most of the lodge was lost to a major fire last October. No word on plans to rebuild. I know that there are hundreds of pilots that would participate in an old fashion Amish "barn raising" to get Big Creek Lodge back in action!

Back