What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Control travel (stick)

uk_figs

Well Known Member
Friend
I am in the process of finishing the control stick installation and have a quick question, I have cut down the stick to clear the panel but at full travel forward and left and right both sticks hit the engine controls, I assume the stops on the elevators and ailerons will limit stick travel but I do not know how much and hence do not know if I need to cut the sticks down further.

Any measurements out there or how tall are your sticks? (I have the modular panels XL layout)

I assume the stops on the elevators and ailerons will limit stick travel but I do not know how much and hence do not know if I need to cut the sticks down further.
Correct. Don't cut anything until you have all the controls in place.

I used the hard wood grips from Van's and cut my sticks so the top of the grip would be equal to the top of the stick w/o the grip installed. This kept me from gaining any length and they don't hit anything.

You can always shorten them more, if needed.

BTW, do a search on this, there are some long threads out there on the same topic with a lot more info.

Back