What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

control mounts drawing

rwarre

Well Known Member
Trying to install the control column mounts on the rv6a but cannot find the drawing that shows the location on the bulkhead. Can anyone give me a drawing number. Thanks

Trying to install the control column mounts on the rv6a but cannot find the drawing that shows the location on the bulkhead. Can anyone give me a drawing number. Thanks

I think there is not a drawing that directly shows the location on the spar bulkhead but it can be determined from dwg 41 that shows the wd-610 control column mounting points as being 16 3/4" apart. Dwg 40 shows the orientation of F-633 mounts on the bulkhead so you can measure out equally on each side from the centre of the bulkhead to place the mounts on the holes that puts them 16 3/4" apart.

interim attach F-633 control column mount to spar/cennter section

PaulvS has you covered re dwgs but I’ll chime in and say…

Do yourself a favor and use #8 screws and nut plates to attach the F-633 control column mounts to the center section. Their official attachment is with spar bolts so they are not attached if the spar is not there which is dingdang inconvenient before the wings are attached.

I’ll see if I can find this hint in the Frank Justice Supplemental Instructions and share the wording. BTW those supplemental instructions were manna from Heaven for me.

Attachments

• TimePhoto_20231109_203923_Original.jpg
    TimePhoto_20231109_203923_Original.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back