What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Control Approach rudder pedals no longer available?

rotoiti

Well Known Member
I tried contacting Paul via the web and phone but he doesn't respond. I'd like to delete the rudder pedals and associated system from my fuselage kit order but I am not sure I should do that if Control Approach pedals are no longer made/available.

I think I read somewhere that Paul stopped making those pedals but I can't find that reference now. Is that true?

Paul has mentioned to me that for the time being he has stopped production. I *personally* suspect its just a temporary thing and its very resource intensive to have the parts manufactured and delivered at the cost he was charging. Hopefully he will find a way to get these to market again.

I just spoke to Paul last week. I may have got the last kit. He is haulting production of the full rudder pedal kit as seen on his site, but he is working on a kit to incorporate some of the features of his system into the stock pedal setup.

It's too bad, because these pedals are a work of art. He mentioned that he didn't really make any money on these... He used something like 30 jigs to build them.

But who knows... Maybe if he gets a lot of interest you could convince him to go back into production.

Back