What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Contour over STP

petehowell

Well Known Member
We wired up Pj's Contour 1080i for sound.....

IMG_8802.JPG

Then I mounted it to the dash of the -9A. Watch me cheat death over the skies of St. Paul. No loops, no rolls, no high speed passes.......

See how a slip can be used in lieu of flaps, see crazy fishermen on the semi frozen Mississippi. See Pete play with youtube annotations. See if you can make it thru the whole thing without dozing off.........

Enjoy....well maybe "endure" would be more appropriate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2oomeYXo4k

Wow, just don't ever do a stall/spin turning final into 32 or if you loose your engine on take-off from 14 don't land straight out or you may have trouble finding someone that wants to rescue you :D

Nice tour of the area. The Contour takes really sharp HD video.

I am contemplating purchasing the Contour. Do you have or can you direct me to where I can find the modification for the external mic? Thanks

YouTube

I am contemplating purchasing the Contour. Do you have or can you direct me to where I can find the modification for the external mic? Thanks

Mike - there is a you tube vid that describes the mod for the contour. It was really not too bad. It does void the warranty - so be aware.

I always enjoy your photo's and video of my former hometown, Pete. I had just picked out KSGS on downwind when your annotation confirmed it. I built my airplane at that airport and had many fun visits with the illustrious Bob Collins. I believe there are at least two other RV's being built at KSGS as well. Now, about all of that white stuff on the ground....................

71 and sunny this afternoon when I go to the airport.:D

If it makes you feel any better Pete, it's supposed to snow in Houston (again) tonight...:eek:

Nice vido - takes me back about 30+ years, flying around the Cities before the invention of the TCA - er, that's "Class B" for you young folks...

Paul

Pete,

What I do when shooting in plane video with news crews in the B-25 is put a lapel mic inside my ANR headset muff... The radio is not as perfectly clear, but it brings in some background noise and makes it more realistic.

If they use their boom mike it is totally blown out, and the lapel mic picks up the intercom and the radio and makes a much better news shot.

Tailwinds,
Doug Rozendaal

Back